Ok friends. Here we are, one week in to 2015.
Whether or not you are a “one word for the year” kind of person, (I am not. I need more words.)
Whether or not you have a list of goals washi-taped to your mirror as a reminder of your next steps–
Even if you feel like you majorly bombed last year.
If December left you dried out, worn out, needing more…
Here’s what we need to know: He is enough. Especially when we are not. even. close.
So rather than a list of “To-Do’s” how about a list of “Not- To-Do’s” for 2015?
- We will not over-commit ourselves. We will say no, graciously and confidently all the while smiling– knowing that the space left when we leave space is the space that can be filled with what God wants there.
- We will find pockets of time for self-care and will accept it without guilt knowing that a drained, empty giver is one that has very little to give.
- We will not slide into the slippery pit of comparison. We will not self-deprecate alongside her victory. We will not shrink into hiding with the thought that it’s already being said and more beautifully. We will not throw in the towel when we feel like a minnow in an ocean of big, bigger and biggest fish.
- We will not forget that there is always room at the table for more. And if this table seems too small, we need only add a leaf to the table to make it bigger… And pull up more chairs.
- We will not forget Psalm 127:1 “Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the LORD guards the city, The watchman keeps awake in vain.”
So welcome to 2015. Whatever you’re building, planning, writing, doing, hoping– know that He is faithful and He SEES you. “And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” Philippians 1:6
Back writing with the Five Minute Friday crew! Want to hop over and read what others did with the word, Welcome?