These No-Bake Granola Bites make a fantastic snack, a perfect choice to take to a new mom who needs quick calories, a delicious and sneakily healthy dessert for little ones, or the perfect treat with your afternoon coffee. Ask me how I know.
This recipe is one I have tweaked from pulling several other recipes together. Some called for things we didn’t care for, so we just substituted ingredients we do like– and you can totally do that with these– make them your own!
- 1 cup of regular dry rolled oats
- heaping 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of honey (you can sub maple syrup– both are great.)
- 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed/ flax meal
- 1/4 cup of toasted wheat germ (you can double the flax if you want to avoid the wheat germ)
- 2/3 cup of coconut
- 1 tbs. chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries, diced
- 1/4 cup of roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tiny pinch of salt
**Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and place in refrigerator for 1 hour. Then roll into balls, I used a tbs. size disher– and keep refrigerated. Sometimes they are messy to roll, wet your hands and it will be a bit easier.
Recipe tweaked from/ original inspiration from Gimme Some Oven (If you’ve never seen this blog before, it’s such a treasure trove of beautiful, dependable recipes and gorgeous photos!)